Thursday 6 August 2015

Makeup Revolution Ultra Base Corrector Palette!

So, let me just fill you in on a little background info. I discovered Makeup Revolution about a year ago when I was visiting a friend who lived about half an hour away. The Superdrug there had stocked Makeup Revolution, whereas my local one didn't.

I fell in love with the presentation of the layout of the makeup, the packaging (I'm a sucker for black and gold), and most importantly, the prices. But what caught my eye the most, were the eyeshadow palettes, which were complete dupes of the Urban Decay Naked Palettes (I have Naked and Naked 2). I ended up buying 4 of them. I found that a lot of their products were dupes of high-end or designer brand's products, at near enough, the same quality, but for only a fraction of the price.

Since then, I've bought Makeup Revolution almost on a regular basis, and recommended the brand to all my friends. Not only is their makeup super affordable, but the quality they provide is amazing too. 

Last week, I did a shop online on their store site, and saw that they had brought out a new correcting palette. Normally, I'd only need a green one as I have a couple of red/pink patches on my chin, I never really felt like I needed to try any other colour correctors, but I thought for £6, I could give it a try. 

Let's have a look at the outer packaging. 

Looking at it, it's pretty much the same as any other palette they have. Shiny black, with gold lettering, very sleek and professional looking. I must admit, they're very consistent when it comes to their look...although I always manage to pick up the wrong palette! 

On the inside, we are exposed to 8 beautiful correcting colours, although my iPhone camera doesn't do them justice...and excuse the little marks on them, silly me swatched them before I took a photo.
So each of these colours have a different purpose.

Pink - Brightens
Lavender - Neutralises Yellow Tones 
Green - Neutralises Redness
Orange - Neutralises Blue Tones 
Peach - Helps Balance Discolouration
White - Highlights and Brightens 
Yellow - Neutralises Dark Areas
Brown - Balances Ashiness (for Medium/Dark Skin)

Like I said earlier, I only really ever used green concealers before, and occasionally a yellow-based concealer (my skin is yellow toned, and it's hard to find a yellow toned concealer). 

Before I show you some swatches with you, I'd just like to talk about the quality and texture of the product...
So, they're cream products. Normally, I steer away from cream concealers, and they can be heavy on the skin, and can slide all over the face if not set properly. But when I came to swatch these, they were really light, and I can only describe the texture as...balmy. Kind of like if you froze a body butter from 'The Body Shop', and it melted a bit on your finger. I'm genuinely surprised at how light and smooth these concealers are. They're so pigmented too, you'd only really need a small amount to cover up any bits, easy to set too. 

I also wanted to mention that these concealers aren't fragranced, which means that they've got less chemicals. 

As you can see in the swatch, you can see just how pigmented the concealers are.

I'm not sure how many of these shades I'd actually use, but definitely green, orange, yellow, and possibly the white. 

I literally cannot get over the pigmentation of these! 


I just wanted to talk about the white shade (this photo shows it a bit better).
I know I've been calling it white, as does Makeup Revolution on their website, but I'd say it's more of a silver. At first, I thought that this would be like a pure white concealer, you know, which lightens highlighted areas matte. But it's so shimmery, it'd be great for a cream highlighter for a dewy look. 

I'm sure that if you only used a small amount, you wouldn't even need to set it, they dry pretty quickly, but I would rather be safe than sorry. I want to mention that because they are so light and creamy, they would be good for people with dry skin, but maybe not so much for those with oily skin. 

Overall, I am very, very impressed with this palette. The quality of these creams are incredible and so beautiful on the skin. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who was looking for a colour correcting product. It gets two thumbs up from me!

I'll be posting more about my Makeup Revolution products soon! This is one brand that I have definitely fallen in love with, and would recommend to anyone! 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment