Thursday 13 August 2015

My M.A.C. Order!

So today I received my order from M.A.C. cosmetics, and I've bought two products, both of which I've used before. 

Fix+ and the Pro Longwear Concealer.
First of all, I wanted to talk about the packaging of my order.
From the experience of my previous orders of lipsticks and concealer, they have all arrived in a black, bubble-wrapped envelope, through my letter box. This time, these two products were delivered in a black box, and heavily padded with black tissue paper (I did not take a photo of the outer box because it had my delivery information all over it). 
In my opinion, I think that the box presentation is much more professional and sleek looking, whereas the envelope looks, or can look, rather tacky. I also think that the box is a lot better for keeping the products intact, but the envelope can be bent and squashed etc.

Now, for the products!
This order came to a total of £34.50. The Fix+ was£17, and the Pro Longwear Concealer was £17.50. Now this is my 3rd time buying the Pro Longwear Concealer since December, and the price has increased by 50p. In my opinion, I don't feel the need to increase the already expensive concealer, it's not as if M.A.C. is in high demand, but whatever, I was running out of my current bottle.
Anyways, Fix+ came in a sparkly box which I wasn't expecting. For some reason, I just expected it to be matte black, but then again, I've only ever purchased lip and foundation/concealer products. 
I have purchased Fix+ once before many years ago, but I lost it at a friends house after only using it two or three times, so I can't remember exactly how it feels etc, but I don't think I disliked it.

I have only ever heard good things about Fix+ and am expecting good things from this product. Reading the back of the bottle, it said that you could used this before and/or after makeup, and it's purpose was to refresh the face and skin, and I'm assuming that it's SOLE purpose is to keep the makeup on all day too. 
For a 100ml, the bottle is pretty big, but I think that's because it's narrower at the bottom than it is at the top. It's lid and spray nozzle also adds a bit of height to the overall bottle.

Pretty basic printing and presentation on the bottle. Pretty consistent with the rest of the brand, which is very professional.

Again, clear printed text.
I'm yet o use this, but from the reviews online, it is very good for dry skin, I have combination skin; dry patches on my cheeks and forehead, however I've got an oily nose and chin, so I'm excited to see if it'll keep makeup on those areas...

I saw online on Instagram that there were flavoured/scented Fix+ products.
Lavender, Yuzu (no clue what that is), Cucumber, Original (unscented), Rose and Coconut.
I had a look for these on the UK M.A.C. website, but they are only sold on the U.S. site (I believe), which is really disappointing because I would really like to try the Rose and Coconut ones.

Anyways, Pro Longwear Concealer! My go-to concealer.

The outer packaging is really simple, clear, black, bold printing. Easy to read, blah, blah, blah. You know, it's simple...not much to say, but nothing bad to say! 

I absolutely LOVE this product. I've been using it since December, and I am yet to find any other concealer even remotely like it. It's a fairly thick liquid, but yet it feels so light on the skin, and blends in beautifully. It also gives an amazing coverage, I would say medium to full coverage...but it really depends on the condition of your skin. I have pretty clear skin, so it's going to sit better than if I had acne or scarring. 

It generally gives me a satin finish before setting, and using a powder on top of it will turn it matte. 

I'm shade NC20 which is a shade lighter than my foundation shade, I use it to conceal imperfections and highlighting. NC20 is light and yellow/warm toned, which is perfect for me, as my skin has strong yellow tones, as well as being fair.  
Most concealers in UK drug stores, and a lot of high end stores, only supply and sell pink or neutral toned foundations and concealers. 

I don't think that I use much of this product (only one to two pumps a day), I only put it under my eyes (brought down for highlighting), forehead, chin and on the tip of my nose. A little goes a long way. Each bottle lasts me around 3 months, which is an average period in my opinion, most foundations only last around 3 months.

I apply this product with my finger, and use a damp blending sponge to blend it into my foundation and skin. For me, it doesn't really crease or slide around the face, but it's really dependant on how and if you set it, the type of primer you use (or if you use one at all), and the fixing spray. When I wear makeup, I usually wear it for around 12 hours, if not, more, and I've got to say, this concealer lasts all day! 

I can't really fault this product. The only thing I can say is that the excess left on my hand oxidises to a deep orange colour, however, only my face, it doesn't seem to oxides. 

I think that the price increase has put me off purchasing this product a bit, because it was pretty expensive anyways, but for my makeup routine and kit, it is pretty essential. Like I said, I'm yet to find a concealer like it. I hope that M.A.C. will bring out a larger size for this concealer. I would pay £20-£25 for a slightly larger bottle of this (maybe 17ml?). 

I definitely will continue purchasing this product because it is honestly so, so amazing. I have never used a product like this, and until I am able to find and purchase another product (cruelty free), I will continue to use this product.

Once I have used the Fix+ enough times to be able to speak about it, I will do another post purely on it! I am looking forward to using it, and seeing how I get on with it! So keep your eyes peeled for that!

I just wanted to add a little disclaimer to this post.
I DO NOT support animal cruelty, and I try my hardest to ONLY purchase cruelty free cosmetics. However I do purchase M.A.C. products from time to time because of two reasons.
1) I potentially want to pursue a career in makeup in the future and a lot of clients  favour artists with well known brands such as M.A.C., Krylon, Makeup Forever, and many other high end cosmetics.
2) I have not been able to find many alternatives to products I have already purchased prior to knowing they are not cruelty free. Most alternatives I have found are for lip products. Until I am able to find alternatives which are both similar in colour, quality, and maybe even price, I will continue to use and purchase M.A.C. products.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed! 
If you would like to read a review of Fix+, please stick around and keep your eyes peeled! 

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment