Tuesday 15 September 2015

My Experience with Too Faced! Sneaky Peek at my Too Faced Haul!!

So recently, I bought some Too Faced Products from the U.S., which arrived yesterday and I just wanted to share with you guys what I bought, and my Too Face experience before I did a review and swatches post.

I don't know how many of you guys in the UK know this, but Boots used to sell Too Faced products, and I think it was only recently that they decided to discontinue sales. I had previously purchased a couple of Too Faced products before as 'luxury' products such as the Leopard bronzer, the Shadow Insurance eyelid Primer, a small eye shadow palette, I believe it was a limited edition 'Joy' palette, and Natural Eye Palette (and possibly a few others, but I can't remember off the top of my head), and I've never been disappointed. I think that Boots was the only retailer in the UK you could purchase Too Faced cosmetics from.

The products have always been such good quality, and never having a full time job (I've worked part time since I was 13/14) I value money as I've never had a lot of it, and this brand is definitely worthy the money you pay. The products are so pigmented, and easy on the skin, they always give a lovely finish, and are so light on the skin. 

I've always loved Too Faced products because they're so different to the rest. Quirky and have pretty packaging. The only other cosmetic company I can really compare them to, is Benefit.

SO! Here's the fun part! What did I get?!



So I got three palettes, the Beauty Wished and Sweet Kisses palette (top left), the Cocoa Contour Palette (top right) and the Bonjour Soleil palette (bottom).

Now I only went onto the website with the intention of purchasing the Cocoa Contour palette which retails at£28, however, the sale pulled me in, so I purchased the Beauty Wished and Sweet Kisses palette at£12 from£24 (I think), and the Bonjour Soleil palette at£14 from£28 (I think), totalling at£54.

Now I'm not going to give too much away as I will be doing separate posts with swatches on each individual palette, but here are some photos of each of them.


Beauty Wishes and Sweet Kisses£12 sale price
Predominately pink with vibrant and fancy decoration such as 'lace' and pearls. It kind of reminds me of the dress Cinderella made with the pink sashes and green pearls...but then it also reminds me of a really fancy wedding cake. Both of which relates to beauty and sweetness. Although I think that the packaging is a tiny bit too girly for me, it is really pretty.


Cocoa Contour£28 full price
I think that the use of browns and gold for this packaging is so appropriate. Like when you think of contouring, you think of brown shades and gold highlighters. I absolutely love how the overall packaging looks like a really fancy box of chocolates. 


Bonjour Soleil£14 sale price
Now we have our French themed palette! Blue and white stripes, obviously, and the use of hot pink for that feminine touch. It's quite simple, but very eye-catching. A touch of gold to highlight the sun (soleil...clever right?!). Overall, it's very neat and put together, I could definitely see this as a big hit in France.


Okay, so as you can see, they're all so beautifully packaged, lovely colours, with a set theme, which highlight the name of the palette. But I'm not going to lie to you guys, I didn't get drawn in by the packaging of these palettes, it was the amazing colours inside! (Just wait until next time, you'll fall in love!)

Too Face also give out two samples with every order, and I think they change on a daily basis, and I got a sample mascara and a bronzer card.

Chocolate Soleil and Endless Summer. 
Lash Injection mascara.
I think it's so lovely that Too Faced give samples to their customers. This really makes shopping (spending so, so, SO much money) a more enjoyable experience, and it makes me feel like I'm getting more for my money! It also gives me more incentive to buy again from the site, because introduces me to new products which may suit me!

Now, I'm going to talk about my experience with ordering online from Too Faced.

As soon as you go onto the Too Faced website, there's a pop-up which tells you that the site will now cater to YOU. Geographically. Prices will be altered to your country's currency, and shipping and tax will be altered according to your country's policies, which are included in the final total. I don't think that this was possible before as there were retailers which sold their products internationally. 
But this also means that you have access to ALL the products on the site (with the acceptation of a few due to country policy). I don't think that this was possible before as there were retailers which sold their products internationally. Whereas at Boots, there were a lot of products, but only a select few (lipsticks, foundations, bronzers, primers and mascaras). 

So your tax is calculated from your country's tax rate. Here in the UK it's about 20%...I think, so 20% of my total was£13.
The total for shipping was just over£20 (I got the quicker 4-9 day delivery which was a few pounds more than the standard 9-15 day delivery), I think that the standard was about£14, but I'm not totally sure about that one
I can't believe shipping and tax came to over£30! That's more than 1/3 of the total! (£87!!!!)

Anyways, the processing and shipping process was probably the most annoying thing (for me anyways) as I'm pretty impatient. Keeping the 4-9 shipping period in mind, I looked up on the site, that this included processing time, and that due to sale and promotional periods, there may be up to 3 days delays.

I placed my order on the 2nd September. I got an order confirmation within the first half hour of ordering, and then a processing confirmation not long after that. These emails both said that payment isn't taken until the order has been shipped, and once it has been shipped, I would get a shipping confirmation. I didn't get one for 7 days, so I sent an email to their customer services team explaining that I was worried that my order might have been forgotten or even lost. I didn't get a response (probably because it had already been shipped at this point) but still, I kind of found this annoying, as no one was replying (I had been tweeting them too). I didn't get a shipping confirmation until the 11th...9 days after I placed my order. So I did get a but annoyed but I remembered that there would most likely be a 3 day delay.

Anyways I got my order yesterday (14th), and I'm honestly quite surprised at how quick the delivery was 3 days is pretty quick, especially from overseas. I can't believe how impatient I had been!


Over all, I've had a pretty good experience with Too Faced, and I would definitely purchase from them again! It's so handy how they've included everything in the total, so there are no surprise custom charges on delivery.

I'd give my experience two thumbs up, and I would recommend Too Faced to anyone looking for high quality cosmetics.

If you want to find out more about what I got, look out for my individual reviews and swatches soon to come! You'll definitely fall in love!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment